Avenues of Service
Service Above Self
Rotary’s commitment to Service Above Self has been channeled through the Avenues of Service. The Rotary Club of Niagara on the Lake actively embraces the Avenues of Service. The following Avenues of Service are the keystone and the foundation on which club activity is based.
- Club Service Each Rotarian embraces strongly their pledge to Service above Self, by undertaking service to others, by promoting integrity and by advancing world understanding, goodwill and peace through its fellowship of business, professional and community leaders. Club service encompasses too all the activities necessary for Rotarians to perform to make their club function effectively and successfully.
- Vocational Service has been a part of Rotary since the organization was founded in 1905. As a business leader, any Rotarians can turn their experience into an invaluable resource for others. Sharing their skills and expertise through Vocational Service, playing a vital role in improving the quality of life for those industrious members of the community who need direction and expertise.
- Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community. Community Service can be likened to “Rolling up our sleeves” to serve our community. Project undertaken often relate to activities which improve the quality of life in their community, it may involve aid or support to youth, the aged, handicapped and others who look to Rotary as a source of hope.
- International Service projects are designed to meet humanitarian needs of people in many lands. It encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary’s philanthropic reach around the globe and to promote world understanding and peace.
- The New Generations Service Avenue of Service acknowledges the exceptional work that Rotarians do with youth and young adults while encouraging clubs to spread their reach even further. It also encompasses a fundamental idea: that every Rotarian has a responsibility to support the personal and professional success of young people while recognizing the diversity of their needs. New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities as RYLA , Rotaract and Interact , service projects.