The Paul Harris Society
In 1905, Harris organized the first Rotary Club “in fellowship and friendship” with three clients, Silvester Schele, Gustavus Loehr, and Hiram Shorey. His initial goal was to create a club of professional and business men for friendship and fellowship.
Harris recognized, early on, that the Club needed a more purposefulness goal. So in 1907 the Chicago Rotary Club initiated its first public service project, to construction public toilets in Chicago. This project changed Rotary into the world’s first service club. (read more, new window opens with following informaiton).
The motto of Rotary International is “Service Above Self”. While Rotary Clubs provide a place for both business and social networking, the primary focus is on local and international service projects.
Paul Harris donations, support a wide range of sustainable activities in many areas of the world, like
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation, such as in depth hygiene training for students and teachers
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy, effective adult learning methods abroad
- Economic and community development, such as microcredit loans to women in Togo, to simply milking cows for farmers in Russia
- Reading and mathematics textbooks for students in the United States of America
- Peace and conflict prevention/ resolution
- Economic and community development
Your contribution supports activities such as these. Projects like these depend on the ongoing support of dedicated Rotarians and friends like you. Please contact us for further details and ways to contribute